Waste Diversion Program Design
Waste diversion means diverting waste from landfills. We do this by reviewing what you’re throwing in your ‘garbage’ bin and what of it can be recycled at a lower cost. Our knowledge of the industry and local markets allow us to provide recommendations on how to recycle more and reduce your monthly waste management bill.
At Elevated Enviro we see waste diversion as a means to healthier communities. Healthier communities for both business and home. Diverting material from landfills does good for the environment and for our wallets!
Elevated Enviro can create a customized waste diversion program for your organization, group, community or company. We can give you the tools, resources and ability to reduce your waste footprint and grow your bottom line.
Who We Design Diversion Programs For
- Condo Boards, Property Managers and Developers
- Food Distributors
- Food Manufactures
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- Cities and Business associations
What We Focus on in Designing a Program
- Spoiled and expired food
- Crumb and excess food from production
- Food being returned from customers
- Uneaten food and food scraps
- Plastic wrap
- Product packaging for shipping
Products and Materials
- Damaged product
- Materials, scrap or waste from manufacturing process
People and process
- Not realizing environmental sustainability goals and landfill impacts from a waste diversion program.
- Accuracy and transparency of the current rates and services being charge for.
- Employees unsure or unaware of what to do with each item.
- Tenants unsure of what can be diverted and where to put it.
- Price increases on services due to increased use of landfills.
- Ineffective movement of waste material from where it is produced, stored and then dumped.
Waste Diversion Program Design Services
We review the current infrastructure and process to identify ways to increase diversion and save on costs.
We physically go to the business, office park, restaurant or retail centre and clarify what services are in place how they are being used and if they are being used effectively. The site tour involves talking with tenants, staff and owners about how waste is produced, where waste is produced and what’s done with it
We plain language our findings of the site tour into an easy to follow action plan with recommendations, suggestions for services and process changes that will increase waste diversion. We explain the estimated costs and environmental benefits in a detailed workflow that demonstrates the actual pricing and costs savings based on your current services.
By reviewing your current invoices we can see what you are being charge for and by using our diversion insights, recommend services and changes to processes that will increase waste diversion and decrease your costs.
Hauler and Billing Service
Managing your hauler relationship and having us as the single point of contact for all your services ensures your waste diversion program is maximized and so is your time. We will coordinate service diversion plans, create the information for your people, answer your questions, address service issues and make recommendations to continue to save you cost and increase waste diversion.
Will will offer a monthly charge or markup on your new service invoice we will take over the billing and you will receive an invoice from us.
We go over our report with you so you are clear on the impact the diversion service is having. Our plain language reports will demonstrate what materials you have diverted, the volume of them, the cost, your savings and the environmental impact that you have helped to make.
We will list the weight or yard material you diverted by each service type such as mixed recycles, food scraps, cardboard, wood, metal.
How It Works
When you contact us we will preform the site tour and initial meeting for no charge. After the site tour we will provide you with our first report demonstrating what material can be diverted and what savings you can expect. We will then provide two options to move forward. A flat consulting charge to engage the changes, implement and then hand off. The second option is for us to be the single point of contact going forward for your waste management with an agreed mark up on your new lower waste management bill.
Flat Consulting Charge Option
- Review of current service schedule, pricing and contract.
- Additional site visits, ensuring an accurate estimation of recyclable and compostable material in the waste stream that could be diverted. into a multi-stream recycling program. This allows for more accurate service schedule to be set for the new service.
- A detailed report will be generated demonstrating how much recyclables are in the waste stream. The current diversion rate will be reported along with an estimate of what the new diversion rate would be.
- Obtain new pricing for new services from current hauler and two other haulers to ensure best price for best service.
- Once new service and new price is agreed to we will implement the new services arranging bin delivery, placement, pick up and schedule.
- Provide two months of support until hand off is complete.
Hauler Management Option
For an agreed mark up on the new invoice we will complete all of the above and continue to be your point of contact for any service issues, concerns, missed pick ups, extra pickups, changes in the market. We will provide our diversion reports monthly along with recommendations on how to increase them as the program develops.
To get started
Use the form below to contact Courtney at Elevated Enviro to get started.